Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One Down

Well, the first game is under their belts and it was over by halftime. The O-line and D-lines were impressive and it doesn't look like we're going to miss a beat from last year in that respect. However, I am not impressed with the QB situation. Or the punting unit for that matter. Punting is just horrendous!

At QB, Hatch and Lee did just enough to get by and after seeing them for the first time, we clearly need work in that area. I noticed that Lee stays locked on to his primary receiver and doesn't check down. Which explains the pick he gave up. He'll have to change that, and soon. He won't be able to get away with that in SEC play. The DB's will eat his lunch. Hatch was ok...not great...just ok. He has the better speed of the two but Lee has the better arm for downfield throws. I'd like to see Jordan Jefferson but that probably won't happen until N. Texas.

Charles Scott was the man! 16 for 160. He was like poetry in motion slicing through the defense. I wanted to see more of Keiland Williams though. We have a great backfield and they're all good in their own right.

I didn't intend to have my blog turn into a sports blog, buy hey, it's college football and I may need to vent about the games this season.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Hello. I do think Lee needs to be your starter from here on out. He was masterful against Auburn once he got his head straight. But I have to admit that I hope the Gators eat him for dinner. Sorry I'm a fan.

Anyway, here's why I am commenting on your blog. I see you're an SEC football fan. I have just launched a new SEC Football blog called "SEC Football Rant." I did it because I wanted a place where people could rant, and talk trash, but with tight controls on things like foul language and clearly inappropriate comments. I'd love it if you came by and checked it out. And tell me what you think and how it could better. Thanks. Here's the url: secrant.blogspot.com

Bayou Bengal said...

Thanks Kenny. Obviously I haven't been keeping up with my blog lately but I'll do better. Thanks for the comments and I'll come check out the blog.